Fresh seafood and an ice-cold stout – it’s the perfect combination, and we’ve got the Irish to thank! The Gold Coast’s longest-standing Irish pub, D’Arcy Arms in Surfers Paradise, will be giving a hearty nod to its oyster-shucking ancestors by celebrating the iconic Galway Oyster & Seafood Festival this weekend, 11-12th November.
The ingenious festival was established back in 1954 to celebrate Galway’s rich annual oyster harvest. It’s since become one of Ireland’s largest internationally recognised events, after St Patrick’s Day, attracting millions of visitors to its shores over the years to gleefully indulge in tons of the famous native Galway oysters – washed down with Champagne and stout, of course.
D’Arcy Arms Irish Pub in Surfers Paradise will be celebrating the famed Galway Oyster & Seafood Festival in true Irish fashion this Saturday 11th & Sunday 12th November, with loads of delicious must-try seafood specials available across the weekend, featuring some of the best Australian catches of the season.
- Fresh Pacific oysters served natural with lemon and mignonette sauce – $26 per half doz
- Traditional Oysters Kilpatrick – $28 per half doz
- Tasmanian half shell scallops with a panko crumb and garlic butter – $28 per half doz
- Fresh SA whole Tiger Prawns with lemon – $36 for half kilo
- Fettuccine Marinara – $32
- Many more specials are listed in the attached menu including creamy garlic prawns, salt & pepper calamari, chill prawns, crispy skin salmon. ALSO the famous D’Arcy Arms Roast Pork lunch / dinner is available all day Sunday as well!
All of this mouth-watering seafood will be best washed down with your favourite Irish sips – there will be plenty of ice-cold ales, stouts and more pouring from the D’Arcy Arms taps, with live Irish music kicking off after midday each day.
Saturday 11th November 2023
12pm to late featuring Irish music with
Claddagh & Richard O’Neil & the Carolan Academy ~ Irish dancers
Sunday 12th November 2023
12pm to 6pm featuring Irish music with
Claddagh & The Gathering
So, grab your lads and lassies and get on the lash for the Galway Oyster & Seafood Festival!
For bookings and enquiries call 07 5592 0882 or email email@example.com.