We have scoped out the best Gold Coast treasure troves for you to plan your next vintage shopping adventure.
There are so many great reasons to shop at local vintage stores and op shops. You can find one of a kind pieces, luxury bargains plus you are contributing to save the ever increasing clothing to landfill dump, so that is a win win really!
Top tips for vintage shopping
- Look for classics. Leather, denim, silk and lace when it comes to clothing. Cotton or linen pieces that are in good shape.
- For furniture and accessories look for Timber, crystal, silver and anything unique.
- Look for quality – In the stitching and the structure.
- Check out the labels – Anything with a label Italy, France, Germany or original Australian designers is usually great quality.
- Be open minded – There are lots of surprising things that could be revamped and repurposed.
- Shop midweek – Donations often happen on weekends or Mondays so it takes a few days to hit the shelves.
- Be patient – Some days you will find amazing things, other days you will find zero.
Now you are ready to hit the shops!
Here is our list of the best Gold Coast Vintage Stores and Op Shops